Brussels Sprouts are packed with tons of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Here are some benefits from just 1/2 cup serving!
- Contains 20 essential vitamins
- Rich in glucosinolates, which help to kill cancer cells and eliminate potential carcinogens from the body
- High in fiber - 2 grams per serving
- Relatively high in protein - 2 grams, accounting for more than 25% of the calories
- Rich in vitamin C, another anti-cancer agent
- Contains Zea-xanthin, and important dietary carotenoid, which can help prevent retinal damage from UV rays
- Rich in minerals such as copper, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
Boiling Brussels Sprouts for just 9-15 minutes decreases their total glucosinolate content by 18-59 percent! It also kills the life-giving enzymes.
Most people have never tried RAW Brussels Sprouts - even if you don't like them cooked, try this salad! It is tasty - and great for you!
Brussels Sprout Salad
¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
½ lemon, squeezed
½ Tbsp black strap molasses
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup walnuts
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup Vegenaise or more to taste
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard or more to taste
1 cup raisins
Mix together in a bowl.